Hang out with Psi Chi and study for your upcoming exams, work on a project, or find a study buddy for finals!
When: Sunday, February 19, 10:30am – 1pm
Where: McHenry Room 4372
What: A study session with coffee, donuts, and scantrons 🙂
We’ll see you there!
It’s a new year and a new Psi Chi!
Our first body meeting is this Thursday at 5 pm in McHenry 0345 (on the ground floor). We have some great events and workshops planned for this quarter, and updates to cover, so we’ve got a lot to talk about!
A reminder on “active” requirements: To be considered active you need to attend:
– One (1) Event
– One (1) Fundraiser OR One (1) Additional Event
each quarter. If you’re an active member you’ll get a cord to wear at graduation, so be an active member and rep your hard work!
We’re looking forward to seeing you Thursday!
– Psi Chi
Hi everyone! We hope you had a restful break and a smooth start to your quarter.
Some quick updates:
- We are in the process of reviewing applications now, so if you applied before the break expect to hear from us this weekend.
- We are putting together our events calendar for the quarter now, so check back soon to see what we have planned.
Questions? Events that you’d like to see Psi Chi put on this year? Send us and email!
Come study for finals with Psi Chi this weekend! We’ll bring the coffee and donuts to get you through your study day, and scantrons to get you through your finals week! We’ll be in McHenry room 4372 from 10am until 1pm on Saturday, December 3rd – enjoy a quiet place to study free from distracting roommates, or drop in to grab a donut and say hi :).
Good luck on all your finals!!
Check out How To Join for more information on joining Psi Chi, and the Applications page for details on the application packet to submit. Make sure to get applications in on time, with winter break coming up we cannot accept late applications!
Our big fundraising event of the quarter is coming up this week on Tuesday, November 15th, from 5-9pm!
Bring this flyer or mention that you are with Psi Chi when you ring up your order and a portion of the proceeds will come to Psi Chi! The more business that we bring in the more that comes back to Psi Chi for us to have great events this year, so get your friends and spread the word that Tuesday is a great day for some pizza.
Just a reminder on our requirements for “Active” Membership for this quarter – if you want to be considered an active member you must attend one event and one fundraiser, although a second event may be substituted for a fundraiser.
Send a photo of your receipt that shows the date and time of your order to email@example.com so we can keep track of your attendance!
This is a great opportunity to satisfy Member Requirements, celebrate midterms ending, and have some pizza! We hope to see you all on Tuesday!!
Thank you to everyone who came out in the rain to our first Body Meeting of the quarter! If you want to see the presentation from the meeting you can find it here: Body Meeting Presentation. To recap what we went over:
- Benefits of Being in Psi Chi
- Build a community of fellow high-achieving students
- Find academic and research opportunities
- Annual Research Conference in the spring
- Graduating Seniors: get cords to wear at graduation and pad your resume
- Psi Chi Requirements
- Attend one (1) event and one (1) fundraiser (which may be replaced with an event) each quarter
- If you satisfy these requirements you will be considered ‘active’ for the quarter
- If you are active for three (3) quarters you are eligible for a cord at graduation
- Events and Fundraisers Coming Up
- Woodstock’s Fundraiser: November 15 – more details to come!
- You can order in person or delivery, just say you’re with Psi Chi
- The more people we get the higher percentage that comes back to Psi Chi, so spread the word!
- Research Workshop – are you interested in how to get into research in a lab or with a professor? We’re here to help.
- Finals Week Study Session – come study with Psi Chi and get set for finals week with scantrons, pencils, coffee, and food!